Charles Kenneth Co is elected as the 50th president of the 119-year old, Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI) during the joint meeting of the incoming and outgoing Board of Trustees on March 1.
Before he was elected as president, Co served as Vice President for Membership Development/Chamber Growth in 2020, Vice President for the External Affairs and Relations Division in 2018, and Overall Chair of the Cebu Business Month in 2017.
He also served the Chamber as a Trustee in 2016.
A graduate of Bachelor of Science in Management at Ateneo de Manila – University, Co is currently the Assistant to the President of Cebu Steel Corporation. He also served as the Assistant to the President of the Cebu Oversea Hardware, and Treasurer of the Cebu Contractors Association.
He will succeed Felix Taguiam, who served as chamber president since 2020.
Also elected during the meeting are the members of the CCCI Executive Committee, namely:
- Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services: Melita Ramos, President & Finance Manager for Cebu Supergro Products Corporation
- Vice President for External Affairs & Relations /Business Advocacy and Policy: Alice Queblatin, President of Cebu Alliance of Tour Operators Specialists
- Vice President for Membership Development / Chamber Growth: Atty. Tomas A. Riveral, Chairman & CEO of Oriental Port & Allied Services Corporation
- Vice President for Business Development: Jay Y. Yuvallos, President of Interior Basic Export Corporation
- Vice President for Cebu Business Mobilization: Aaron Jeremy Que, Executive Vice President of Golden Prince Hotel & Suites and Golden Valley Hotel
- Board Secretary: Ma. Aleta Dela Calzada, Designer & Managing Proprietor & Founder of ATE by Tatah Clothier
- Treasurer: Joyce So, First Vice President & Head, Visayas Banking Center I of Security Bank Corporation
- Legal Counsel: Atty. Joseph Tanco, Founder and Senior Partner of Tanco & Partners Law Offices