by admin | Aug 25, 2021
- Conferred the Most Outstanding Chamber Award in the Visayas and in the Philippines during 46th Philippine Business Conference and Expo on October 8, 2020 by the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) in recognition of the ability of CCCI to help the business community through innovative services and advocacy for policies and programs that enable businesses to survive and become sustainable and competitive in the long run
- CCCI was in the forefront of providing the framework for a well-coordinated multi-sectoral plan in Project Balik Buhay . Together with the other business organizations in Cebu, the Office of the Presidential Assistant for the Visayas OPAV and DOH 7 we agreed on a gradual, calibrated opening of work based on risk and impact guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CCCI President Felix received the acclaimed recognition as the outstanding private volunteer against COVID in Central Visayas in November 2020 awarded by the PVO-Regional Development Council (RDC) in acknowledgment of CCCI’s COVID-19 Pandemic Solidarity Fund to assist the medical and nonmedical front-liners and communities in Cebu through distribution of food packs, manufacturing of personal protective equipment (PPEs) and donation of COVID-19 essential supplies.
- CCCI also received recognition as COVID-19 Hero Chamber of the Year Award from the Asia-Pacific Association of Chambers facilitated by GlueUp.
- CCCI underwent its own contemplation in the last quarter of the year with remote coaching by Senior Expert Johan van der Berg of the Netherlands’ PUM to deliberate a new Organigram enhanced and retrofitted as a response to the evolving needs expressed by our members with resulting streamlined staff complement, refocused allocation of limited resources and reduction of risks that have been bring to light because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Board of Trustees approved the transition into the new organigram within 2020.
- Internal and external ISO-audits/surveillance were done on-line particularly ISO 9001:2015 Capability Assessment on November 12 via Google Meet and ISO 9001:2015 remote Audit by TUV Rheinland on November 20 via zoom. The lockdown and quarantine did not prevent CCCI from maintaining its ISO 9001:2015 accreditation for Quality Management System
The CCCI champions implemented Programs for its Corporate Social Responsibility and Entrepreneurship, formulated multi-faceted proposals for Cebu’ s economic revival and investment development concierge, co-sponsored talks on business survival strategies through entrepreneurship and digital transformation across various sectors, advocated these through representations in various public private sharing platforms within the city, province and region (City Executive, Legislative Councils and Development Councils), partnered with local, national and international institutions to advance its advocacies implemented this time through a digital landscape
Assistance to members was multipronged including (1) Facilitation of MSME access to government programs, policies and reports at the start of May including the Shared Service Facility of the DTI and (2) Active participation in meetings with the Cebu City local government officers such as in midyear to discuss the business recovery agenda for Cebu City during this pandemic era, including Executive-Legislative Economic Advisory Council and soon after presented concept notes for Cebu’s Economic Revival to the Cebu City Sangguniang Panlungsod
- CCCI Covid-19 Solidarity Fund launched in March to pool resources and support various interventions to protect Cebu and support our front liners preventing, detecting, and managing the spread of the virus, by enhancing their safety and extend care and comfort, gathered overwhelming cash and in-kind donations valued at Php 5million voluntarily and whole-heartedly shared by our member philanthropists, owners and managers of business companies and industries in the region.
- The Chamber mobilizing MSMEs and all the 5 Chamber Chapters that enabled us to provide personal protective equipment by end of July 2020– over 3,000 personal protective equipment (PPE) gowns, 10,000 surgical face masks, face shields, thermal guns, hygiene products such as 45 gallons alcohol and 15,000 antibacterial soap were also distributed to medical and non -medical front liners throughout the island province. We reached 43 institutional frontliners in 19 hospitals/clinics, 32 Local government Units and more Help MindaNOW donation campaign for the benefit of the Mindanao earthquake victims concluded with Php 200,00 cash proceeds donated thru Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc