The Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Founded in 1903, the Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI) is a non-stock, non-profit organization of businessmen, merchants, professionals and entrepreneurs. CCCI is the largest and most prominent local business service organization in the Philippines.
The largest and one of the more prominent local businessmembership organizations in the Philippines second only to PCCI. With over 800 member companies coming from various sectors such as Trade, Industry, Service, ICT, and Sectoral business associations.
CCCI continues to respond to the call of serving the Cebu business community and upholds its mission to be the “Engine of Cebu’s Growth towards global competitiveness”. With the able support and dedication of its officers and trustees, advisers, partners, and members-at-large, CCCI has proven its commitment for the past 117 years, earning a niche as a catalyzer of economic development and the premier mover of the business community in the Visayas.
- Conferred the Most Outstanding Chamber Award in the Visayas and in the Philippines during 46th Philippine Business Conference and Expo on October 8, 2020 by the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) in recognition of the ability of CCCI to help the business community through innovative services and advocacy for policies and programs that enable businesses to survive and become sustainable and competitive in the long run
- CCCI was in the forefront of providing the framework for a well-coordinated multi-sectoral plan in Project Balik Buhay . Together with the other business organizations in Cebu, the Office of the Presidential Assistant for the Visayas OPAV and DOH 7 we agreed on a gradual, calibrated opening of work based on risk and impact guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CCCI President Felix received the acclaimed recognition as the outstanding private volunteer against COVID in Central Visayas in November 2020 awarded by the PVO-Regional Development Council (RDC) in acknowledgment of CCCI’s COVID-19 Pandemic Solidarity Fund to assist the medical and nonmedical front-liners and communities in Cebu through distribution of food packs, manufacturing of personal protective equipment (PPEs) and donation of COVID-19 essential supplies.
- CCCI also received recognition as COVID-19 Hero Chamber of the Year Award from the Asia-Pacific Association of Chambers facilitated by GlueUp.
- CCCI underwent its own contemplation in the last quarter of the year with remote coaching by Senior Expert Johan van der Berg of the Netherlands’ PUM to deliberate a new Organigram enhanced and retrofitted as a response to the evolving needs expressed by our members with resulting streamlined staff complement, refocused allocation of limited resources and reduction of risks that have been bring to light because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Board of Trustees approved the transition into the new organigram within 2020.
- Internal and external ISO-audits/surveillance were done on-line particularly ISO 9001:2015 Capability Assessment on November 12 via Google Meet and ISO 9001:2015 remote Audit by TUV Rheinland on November 20 via zoom. The lockdown and quarantine did not prevent CCCI from maintaining its ISO 9001:2015 accreditation for Quality Management System
The CCCI champions implemented Programs for its Corporate Social Responsibility and Entrepreneurship, formulated multi-faceted proposals for Cebu’ s economic revival and investment development concierge, co-sponsored talks on business survival strategies through entrepreneurship and digital transformation across various sectors, advocated these through representations in various public private sharing platforms within the city, province and region (City Executive, Legislative Councils and Development Councils), partnered with local, national and international institutions to advance its advocacies implemented this time through a digital landscape
Assistance to members was multipronged including (1) Facilitation of MSME access to government programs, policies and reports at the start of May including the Shared Service Facility of the DTI and (2) Active participation in meetings with the Cebu City local government officers such as in midyear to discuss the business recovery agenda for Cebu City during this pandemic era, including Executive-Legislative Economic Advisory Council and soon after presented concept notes for Cebu’s Economic Revival to the Cebu City Sangguniang Panlungsod
- CCCI Covid-19 Solidarity Fund launched in March to pool resources and support various interventions to protect Cebu and support our front liners preventing, detecting, and managing the spread of the virus, by enhancing their safety and extend care and comfort, gathered overwhelming cash and in-kind donations valued at Php 5million voluntarily and whole-heartedly shared by our member philanthropists, owners and managers of business companies and industries in the region.
- The Chamber mobilizing MSMEs and all the 5 Chamber Chapters that enabled us to provide personal protective equipment by end of July 2020– over 3,000 personal protective equipment (PPE) gowns, 10,000 surgical face masks, face shields, thermal guns, hygiene products such as 45 gallons alcohol and 15,000 antibacterial soap were also distributed to medical and non -medical front liners throughout the island province. We reached 43 institutional frontliners in 19 hospitals/clinics, 32 Local government Units and more Help MindaNOW donation campaign for the benefit of the Mindanao earthquake victims concluded with Php 200,00 cash proceeds donated thru Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc
- Elected official private sector representative to the Regional Development Council (RDC) Region 7 with full voting powers and Chair in the Economic Development Committee.
- Signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Sustainable Fisheries & related food value chains in Central Visayas at Waterfront with AFOS Foundation for Entrepreneurial Development and partners on October 4 at the Cebu City Waterfront Hotel and Casino.
- CCCI with the presence of Executive Director May Elizabeth Ybañez received a plaque of appreciation from the German Embassy Charge de Affairs for the K to 12 Plus Project held on October 1 at the Bonifacio Global City, Manila.
- CCCI opposition to CELAC’s Php 341.75 across-the-board wage adjustment. – CCCI set up the Balamban Chapter in June 13, 2019 in the western seaboard of Cebu Island
- CCCI is one of the top 5 Chambers, out of the 73 applications from 29 countries in the World Chambers Competition under the category, Best Education and Training project. The International Chambers of Commerce and World Chambers Federation recognize chambers whose main thrust is “proving that investing in education and training can be crucial to the establishment, advancement and success of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and foster economic development and job creation. The award was received by Past President Lito Maderazo and Executive Director May Elizabeth Segura-Ybañez in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in June 12-14 2019
- President Virgilio Espeleta received the Movers and Shakers award during the Asia HRD Awards 2019 on July 17 at the Grand Hall at the Cyberjaya University College of Medical Science Campus in Malaysia.
- Conducted the 23rd Cebu Business Month with the theme “Innovation in Action”
- Established the CCCI Balamban Chapter on July 2019.
- Analyzed the results of Competitiveness Business Survey by Isla Lipana Co., a PWC Firm and presented theses in placement form during the Press Conference on October 29, 2019 at the Summit Galleria Cebu.
- Conducted an Outbound Trade Mission during the China International Fair for Investment and Trade (CIFIT) on September 7 – 10, 2019 with City Government of Cebu led by Hon. Mayor Edgardo Labella and the Filipino Chinese Chamber of Cebu led by Past President and Ambassador, Francisco Benedicto.
- Received a fresh infusion of funds under a grant funding agreement for ICT and Life Skills Training for Solo Mothers in the Island of Cebu from the New Zealand Ministry of foreign Affairs and Trade in June13, 2019 facilitated by New Zealand Ambassador Peter Kell. This project is implemented between the period June 2019 to September 2021. The main objective of the project is to support solo mothers increase their household income by either entering the workforce or pursuing their own business enhanced by ICT.
PCCI Special Citation 2018
- Conferred Special Citation 2018 from the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Manila Hotel for its pioneering efforts for education and training development and workforce capacity building by institutionalizing the Assessment, Certification, and Accreditation System Unit within the Chamber.
- Received Most Outstanding Chamber in Visayas Award (Province-based Chamber Level 1) during the 44th Philippine Business Conference and Expo Infrastructure and Digital Economy The Game Changers given on October 18, 2018 at the Manila Hotel, Manila
- Benchmarking Mission to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and Bangkok Thailand in October 2018 to visit TECHVOC education and training system and approaches by Industry.
- Successfully passed recertification audit under ISO 9001 carried out by TUV Rheinland. CCCI meets all quality system management requirements of ISO 9001:2015 which primarily focuses on risk-based thinking in order for organizations and companies to examine the possible risk within their processes and services.
- The Cebu Chamber Centre which houses the offices of the CCCI underwent its first renovation in 23-years under the stewardship of President Consul Antonio Chiu to make it an office with an impact where we connect opportunities, grow business and create value. Including a full solar-powered roof; Generate 1Million donation from Ambassador Francisco Benedicto for the retrofitting of the multifunctional rooms for (Trainings, Seminars and Cliniquing)
- Establishment of CCCI Cordova Chapter on October 26, 2018.
- Joined the Province of Cebu delegation to Xiamen, China in Shanghai on September 7-11, 2018.
- CCCI participated in the China International Import Import Expo (CIIE) on November 2018. The CCCI delegation was composed of 44 people representing 28 companies, led by IPP Melanie Ng, and was part of the biggest ever Philippine Delegation being jointly organized by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI). The trade mission showed China’s firm support to trade liberation and actively open the Chinese market to the world.
- Mobilized 55 CEOs as volunteer mentors for the Kapatid Mentor Me (KMME) program 2018 batch.
- Obtained technical assistance from Bread for the World Germany Bfdw through the secondment of Mr. Mirko Klein, a Sustainable Agriculture and Marketing Specialist for the food supply chain, covering the period of June 2018 to May 2021.
- Conduct ICT Skills Training for Solo Mothers in partnership with the New Zealand Embassy thru Ambassador David Stratchan to enable (23) solo mothers from different barangays in Cebu City to be e-ready.
- CCCI was selected as the lead convenor for the Asia-Pacific Alliance for disaster management APAD Central Visayas Regional platform during its launching on October 12, 2018.
- Celebrated one of the grandest Cebu Business Month 2018 with the theme “Innovate Cebu”
Livelihood Centre for CCCI Bantayan
- Inducted CCCI Board of Trustees by Philippine President Rodrigo E. Duterte on March 3, 2017
- Conducted 21st Cebu Business Month with the theme “STEP UP Cebu”
- Hosted the Chamber Management Workshop and 26th Visayas Area Business Conference with the theme “Connecting Ideas. Connecting Economies” on September 28-29, 2017 respectively.
- Conferred the PCCI National Excellence Award during the 43rd Philippine Business Conference on October 19, 2017 at the Manila Hotel.
- Graduated over 90 Senior High School students under K to 12 Plus Project with Dualized training system for Constructions, Food Manufacturing and Tourism Industry in partnership with the AFOS Stiftung Foundation for Entrepreneurial Development
- Graduated 57 micro and small entrepreneurs under the Kapatid Mentor Me Program
- Organized and launched the Cebu Innovation Council for the ICT stakeholders
- Constructed the Livelihood Centre and invested training support for the Women’s Association of Basawon, Bantayan with the CCCI Bantayan Island Chapter with funding support from the justiceF Stiftung Foundation.
- Partnered with the Department of Science and Technology for the Regional Invention Contest and Exhibit (R.I.C.E.) and Technology Transfer UCAREs, OURFood
Kapatid Mentor Me Program
- Digitized communication within the Chamber using e-hardware and various softwares
- Set-up the Unified Communications Alert and Response System (UCARES). A digitized early warning and danger response technology in partnership with government and private entities.
- Elected official private sector representative to the Regional Development Council of Region 7, Co-Chair of RDC7, and Chair of the Economic Development Committee
- Involvement to the Metro Cebu Development Coordinating Board (MCDCB) and its Research, Program and Organizational Development (RPOD) and Executive Committee (EXECOM)
- Construction of the P2M roof extension cum Clearance Certificate Waiting Area of the National Bureau of Investigation – Central Visayas Regional Office (NBI-CEVRO) under the Adopt-a-Station Project of the Chamber.
- Partnered with the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) for passport application and renewal of 66 Chamber members
- Conceptualization and implementation of the Kapatid Mentor Me Program for Micro and Small Enterprise in partnership with Dept. of Trade and Industry (DTI)
- Conducted business for a and seminars to local, national and international business delegates from Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, People’s of Republic of China, Laos, and Taiwan
- Business visit to Hiroshima, Japan upon the invitation of the Hiroshima-Philippines Friendship Society (HPFS)
- Organized the Danao City Chamber of Commerce Chapter
- Received an “Outstanding Institution Award” for the Trade and Investment Category on February 24, 2016 during the 79th Charter Day Anniversary of Cebu City
- Received a “Silver Award” for exemplary contribution and promotion of the National Voluntary Blood Service Program of the Department of Health Region VII
- Sister Chamber agreement signed between CCCi and Ormoc City Chamber of Commerce & Industry on September 15, 2016 at Ormoc City during the VABC
- CCCI President Melanie Ng joined the 400 Philippine Business delegation in the visit of the Philippine President Rodrigo E. Duterte to China on October 19-20, 2016
Sister Chamber Agreement
- Sister Chamber Agreement signed between CCCI and Johannesburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of South Africa.
- Memorandum of Undestanding signed between CCCI and Confederatrion of Businessmen and Industrists of Turkiye (Tuscon) on October 16, 2015 at Istanbul, Turkey
- The new Cebu Brand: “Cebu, Where the Heart Sings!” was launched on November 13, 2015 at the Ayala Center in Cebu City
- CCCI and Sectoral Business Associations in Cebu (thru a Memorandum of Solidarity on December 18, 2015) signed a MOA with the Cebu City Government to institutionalize cooperation protocols between the City, the business and professional organizations for more efficient and effective delivery of services.
- Php5Million CCCI building Facelifting and Retrofitting to expand the leasable area at the mezzanine and provide a more welcoming ambiance at the ground floor.
- CCCI Naga Chapter was established and officers were inducted in November 2015
Creation of CCCI Bantayan Chapter
- CCCI created the CCCI Bantayan Chapter covering the 3 Municipalities of Sta.Fe, Madridejos and Bantayan, in the island of Bantayan
- CCCI spearheaded the agreement building with Chambers in Region VII and Government on the Coordinating Roads and Infrastructure Investment for Development (CR+ID) Project with the Asia Foundation under the Coalitions for change Program of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Australian Embassy in Manila.
- CCCI became a member of Cebu Provincial Investment Board, Infrastructure Committee and Cebu Provincial Development Council and an ex-Development Council
- CCCI forged Sister Chamber Agreement with Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Sabah Branch, Malaysia on September 18, 2014.
- CCCI launched the Cebu Found Counsultancy Group under the OURFood Program Optimizing & Upscaling Roles in the Food Supply Chain
- CCCI entered into a joint project supported by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) together with BKU/AFOS, DEG, DIHK/German, GIZ, Sparkassentiftung, sequa, RDH and the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry regarding Dualized Vocational Education and Training in the context of the K to 12 Reform in the Philippines for which CCCI organized TVET clusters in food manufacturing, construction and tourism industries.
Most Outstanding Chamber – Hall of Fame
- Most Outstanding Chamber in the Visayas
- Most Outstanding in the Philippines
- Most Outstanding Chamber “Hall of Fame”
2012 Most Outstanding Chamber in the Visayas
- Most Outstanding Chamber in the Visayas
- Most Outstanding in the Philippines
Host – 26th CACCI Conference in 2013
- CCCI won the hosting rights for the 26th Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry (CACCI) Conference in 2013.
- Most Outstanding Chamber in the Visayas
- Most Outstanding in the Philippines