The Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Founded in 1903, the Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI) is a non-stock, non-profit organization of businessmen, merchants, professionals and entrepreneurs. CCCI is the largest and most prominent local business service organization in the Philippines.
In pursuit of this vision, the Chamber conceives plans and implements programs and services in line with its Mission “to strengthen the capabilities of the members through advocacy, linkages and synergy for the competitiveness of Cebu and its people in the global economy”.
Best Local Chamber in the Asia-Pacific
- CCCI received its first international award as the “Best Local Chamber in the Asia-Pacific – Large Category” during the Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry (CACCI) Conference in Manila, besting other local chambers in the said region.
- CCCI further established a metrical basis for its vision of global competitiveness through the conduct of the Touchstone: Competitiveness & Benchmarking Study and strengthened its research arm through the founding of the Cebu Economic Advisory Group (CEAG) and the establishment of the Regional Trade Policy Center under the British Government funded PCCI-UACT-IMUST Project.
- CCCI also conceived the Sectoral Participation for Economic Advocacy (SPEAK) and was implemented the following year.
Most Outstanding Institution
- CCCI received award from the City Government of Cebu as the “Most Outstanding Institution” in the City of Cebu.
- CCCI conducted its first international outbound trade mission in Daly City, USA.
- For the third time, CCCI was awarded as the “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines” by PCCI. The Chamber’s second elevation to the “Hall of Fame” made it the most respected local chamber in the country.
ISO 9001:2000 Certification for QMS
- CCCI became the first chamber in the Philippines and the 4th in Asia to garner an ISO 9001:2000 Certification for its Quality Management System with the assistance of the German Development Service (DED).
- CCCI implemented its SME Development & Promotion Project, “Meet the Business Legend” which helps starting and aspiring entrepreneurs by providing a venue for close interaction with notable and established business leaders from prestigious companies.
- CCCI co-hosted the ASEAN Business and Investment Summit with the PCCI.
- CCCI was hailed by PCCI as the “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines” for two years in a row.
Suroy-Suroy sa Sugbo
- CCCI entered into a joint project with Cebu Provincial Government under its Tourism Promotion Program dubbed as the “Suroy-Suroy sa Sugbo” which until now has been sustained by the Province.
- ICT Council was created after the successful and the biggest ICT Conference in the Philippines which was held in Cebu City. The Spa and Wellness Association of Cebu was organized after the conduct of the 1st Beauty, Health and Wellness Show which made Cebu as the emerging health and wellness capital outside Manila.
- CCCI was awarded again as the “Most Outstanding Chamber of the Philippines” during the Philippine Business Conference and Exposition held in Manila.
Finalist, World Chambers Competition
- CCCI got its initial global exposure when Cebu Business Month became a finalist in the World Chambers Competition for “Best Chamber Management and Financing Project” in Durban, South Africa.
- CIDA-PEARL 2 Business in Growth (BIG) was implemented to enhance SMEs competitiveness by conducting seminars, trade fairs and policy studies.
Best Managed Chambers in Asia
The ZDH Technonet Asia cited CCCI as one of the best managed chambers in Asia. CCCI achieved unprecedented financial performance when its P13M building loan was fully paid.
Engine of Cebu’s Economic Growth
The City Government of Cebu awarded CCCI as the “Engine of Cebu’s Economic Growth”.
PCCCI’s Hall of Fame
CCCI received the “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines” for third consecutive year and earning for itself a place in the PCCI’s “Hall of Fame”.
Cebu Business Month
- For the second time, CCCI received the “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines”.
- “Cebu Business Week” was expanded and flourished into a month-long series of events acquiring recognition for its advocacies and the impact it has brought the city and the province of Cebu and the Philippines as whole. Now it is known as “Cebu Business Month”.
- In August 19, 1996, the P17 million CCCI Center was inaugurated, with members of CCCI chamber partner from HWK Kassel Germany, President of PCCI and Officials from Cebu City and Province
Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines
– CCCI received its first award for “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines”.
Connect With Us
The Chamber is your partner in growth and business. Like and connect with us on social media to see what we are doing in our advocacy.