The Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Founded in 1903, the Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI) is a non-stock, non-profit organization of businessmen, merchants, professionals and entrepreneurs. CCCI is the largest and most prominent local business service organization in the Philippines.
The largest and one of the more prominent local businessmembership organizations in the Philippines second only to PCCI. With over 800 member companies coming from various sectors such as Trade, Industry, Service, ICT, and Sectoral business associations.
CCCI continues to respond to the call of serving the Cebu business community and upholds its mission to be the “Engine of Cebu’s Growth towards global competitiveness”. With the able support and dedication of its officers and trustees, advisers, partners, and members-at-large, CCCI has proven its commitment for the past 117 years, earning a niche as a catalyzer of economic development and the premier mover of the business community in the Visayas.
ISO 9001:2008 Certification on Quality Management System
- CCCI was declared as the Over-all Winner – Developing Nations Category in the Associations Make a Better World Award given by the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) and the Center for Association Leadership.
- CCCI received the ISO 9001:2008 Certification on Quality Management System.
Commerce and Industry Streets
- CCCI partnered with Germany’s Foundation for Entrepreneurial Development Cooperation (AFOS) and SEQUA, the implementing partner of the Federation of Catholic Entrepreneurs (BKU) in Germany aims to improve the business environment of the chambers in the Visayas and Mindanao for SME development.
- CCCI passed the surveillance audit under its ISO 9001:2000 Certification and the assessment of its Quality Management System for the sixth time in three years.
- Cebu City Council passed City Ordinance no. 2170 in January 7, 2009 renaming to Commerce and Industry Streets from 11th and 13th Streets where the CCCI Center was built in 1996.
- CCCI unveiled the new street names “Commerce St. and Industry St.”, the said streets were in front of the CCCI Center Building. CCCI was conferred by the Philippines Foundation, Inc. as the “Perlas Award on the Valuable Institution” for promoting entrepreneurship in tourism and technology, upholding professional values and ethics in the business community and establishing worthwhile international partnerships.
Best Local Chamber in the Asia-Pacific
- CCCI received its first international award as the “Best Local Chamber in the Asia-Pacific – Large Category” during the Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry (CACCI) Conference in Manila, besting other local chambers in the said region.
- CCCI further established a metrical basis for its vision of global competitiveness through the conduct of the Touchstone: Competitiveness & Benchmarking Study and strengthened its research arm through the founding of the Cebu Economic Advisory Group (CEAG) and the establishment of the Regional Trade Policy Center under the British Government funded PCCI-UACT-IMUST Project.
- CCCI also conceived the Sectoral Participation for Economic Advocacy (SPEAK) and was implemented the following year.
Most Outstanding Institution
- CCCI received award from the City Government of Cebu as the “Most Outstanding Institution” in the City of Cebu.
- CCCI conducted its first international outbound trade mission in Daly City, USA.
- For the third time, CCCI was awarded as the “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines” by PCCI. The Chamber’s second elevation to the “Hall of Fame” made it the most respected local chamber in the country.
ISO 9001:2000 Certification for QMS
- CCCI became the first chamber in the Philippines and the 4th in Asia to garner an ISO 9001:2000 Certification for its Quality Management System with the assistance of the German Development Service (DED).
- CCCI implemented its SME Development & Promotion Project, “Meet the Business Legend” which helps starting and aspiring entrepreneurs by providing a venue for close interaction with notable and established business leaders from prestigious companies.
- CCCI co-hosted the ASEAN Business and Investment Summit with the PCCI.
- CCCI was hailed by PCCI as the “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines” for two years in a row.
Suroy-Suroy sa Sugbo
- CCCI entered into a joint project with Cebu Provincial Government under its Tourism Promotion Program dubbed as the “Suroy-Suroy sa Sugbo” which until now has been sustained by the Province.
- ICT Council was created after the successful and the biggest ICT Conference in the Philippines which was held in Cebu City. The Spa and Wellness Association of Cebu was organized after the conduct of the 1st Beauty, Health and Wellness Show which made Cebu as the emerging health and wellness capital outside Manila.
- CCCI was awarded again as the “Most Outstanding Chamber of the Philippines” during the Philippine Business Conference and Exposition held in Manila.
Finalist, World Chambers Competition
- CCCI got its initial global exposure when Cebu Business Month became a finalist in the World Chambers Competition for “Best Chamber Management and Financing Project” in Durban, South Africa.
- CIDA-PEARL 2 Business in Growth (BIG) was implemented to enhance SMEs competitiveness by conducting seminars, trade fairs and policy studies.
Best Managed Chambers in Asia
The ZDH Technonet Asia cited CCCI as one of the best managed chambers in Asia. CCCI achieved unprecedented financial performance when its P13M building loan was fully paid.
Engine of Cebu’s Economic Growth
The City Government of Cebu awarded CCCI as the “Engine of Cebu’s Economic Growth”.
PCCCI’s Hall of Fame
CCCI received the “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines” for third consecutive year and earning for itself a place in the PCCI’s “Hall of Fame”.