The Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Founded in 1903, the Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI) is a non-stock, non-profit organization of businessmen, merchants, professionals and entrepreneurs. CCCI is the largest and most prominent local business service organization in the Philippines.
The largest and one of the more prominent local businessmembership organizations in the Philippines second only to PCCI. With over 800 member companies coming from various sectors such as Trade, Industry, Service, ICT, and Sectoral business associations.
CCCI continues to respond to the call of serving the Cebu business community and upholds its mission to be the “Engine of Cebu’s Growth towards global competitiveness”. With the able support and dedication of its officers and trustees, advisers, partners, and members-at-large, CCCI has proven its commitment for the past 117 years, earning a niche as a catalyzer of economic development and the premier mover of the business community in the Visayas.
Cebu Business Month
- For the second time, CCCI received the “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines”.
- “Cebu Business Week” was expanded and flourished into a month-long series of events acquiring recognition for its advocacies and the impact it has brought the city and the province of Cebu and the Philippines as whole. Now it is known as “Cebu Business Month”.
- In August 19, 1996, the P17 million CCCI Center was inaugurated, with members of CCCI chamber partner from HWK Kassel Germany, President of PCCI and Officials from Cebu City and Province
Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines
– CCCI received its first award for “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Philippines”.
Cebu Business Week
- CCCI received its second award as the “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Visayas”.
- The Regional Chamber Development Program (RCDP), with financial and technical assistance from Handwekskammer Kassel (HWK) of the Federal Republic of Germany, provided the impetus for CCCI to partner not only with local organizations but with foreign agencies as well.
- “Cebu Business Week” was formally launched as an annual business festival through Cebu City Resolution No. 1635, Cebu Provincial Resolution No. 367-94 and Presidential Proclamation No. 748.
Most Outstanding Chamber in the Visayas
CCCI was awarded as the “Most Outstanding Chamber in the Visayas” by the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI).
Cebu Business Day
“Cebu Business Day” was conceived as a festival that provided a venue for local traders and manufacturers to promote their products and services, exchange knowledge and skills, as well as market beyond their boundaries.
CCCI Partnership under P-GCCP
CCCI further flourished when the Philippine Government linked the Philippine – German Chamber Cooperation Program (P-GCCP) with the Federal Republic of Germany, with CCCI as one of the principal partners.
CCCI Acquisition of lot
In November 2, 1978, CCCI bought a 906 square meters lot at North Reclamation Area for P132,000, at a price of P145.70 per square meter
Revival and Rebuilding years
CCCI’s by-laws were amended to conform to the requirement of the merger of the Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines with the Chamber of Philippine Industries into Philippine Chamber of Commerce and industry thru Letter of Instruction (LOI) no. 780 .
CCC Became Non-stock, Non-Profit
CCC became a full-pledge non-stock and non-profit corporation in June 15, 1931